CALLING ALL CREATIVES @nike’s new campaign “OnAir”. Nike: ON AIR is your chance to create the next Nike Air concept for LONDON + we will be hosting a colour theory exhibition alongside so many creatives✨
— GUAP (@GUAPMAG) April 2, 2018
From March 22 to April 15, Nike will be hosting Nike: ON AIR, a design workshop series in Paris, London, New York, Seoul, Shanghai and Tokyo that engages participants in the Nike footwear design processes.
The day is shaped by the following five stages of footwear product creation:
1. Concept development: Participants will explore ideas and research the subject of the design brief and form the initial story behind their concept.
2. Silhouette selection: The program’s silhouettes will be revealed and, in partnership with Nike designers and guest mentors, the participants will select the one that best fits their respective concept.
3. Material exploration: Nike designers will lead a deep dive into material theory, exploring a variety of swatches to select the elements of the chosen silhouette’s upper.
4. Color exploration: Participants will get a lesson in color theory and be guided through the process of selecting colors that best express the intent of their concept.
5. Embellishment: Participants will learn about and apply post-embellishment techniques ranging from laser engraving to embroidery, the final steps in bringing their imagined vision to life.
Sign up here and be apart of history!