The Jukebox Collective Aim To Support The Wellbeing of Young People in Covid:19 Isolation
In response to the COVD-19 lockdown, The Jukebox Collective has launched its first-ever Crowdfunding Campaign to continue providing FREE online dance classes. By supporting their campaign, they can continue creating a space to connect, stay healthy, and keep our young people, creative at home.
The Jukebox Collective plays a critical role in supporting the wellbeing and health of BAME communities and families from lower socio-economic backgrounds who are particularly vulnerable to this disease. Their online programme and activities enable their community to:
● Maintain friendships and connections with their tutors
● Improve their social & emotional mental health and well-being
● Learn new skills so that they can reach their potential
● Stay active and creative at home
● Stay motivated and engaged
The collective is raising £6,000 to enable them to continue providing their services for free – helping young people stay physically active and helping to protect their mental health and well-being during isolation.
● Tuesdays @ 4pm Live on Zoom: Kids Club (perfect for 7-11’s)
● Wednesdays @ 6pm on IG Live: Open class (covering street dance styles from popping to hiphop)
● Thursdays @ 7pm Live on Zoom: Concepts (tailored for those with some dance experience -from isolation to waving, this class encourages new ways of creating abstract movement)
Check out the GUAP Arts & Culture section, to discover new art, film, and creative individuals.